Between Coasts is an online magazine publishing stories about the middle for the coasts–and for us. Our stories are written by people who live in the so-called flyover country with a particular focus on the ways in which national trends and policies shape local lives.
Between Coasts tells stories from the flyover country, local journalism with a national outlook. We are especially interested in deeply reported narrative journalism. Coming issues will focus on these topics, broadly interpreted: Bake Sales, Drugs, Weapons, Work, Home, Incarceration. Pitches should a sense of what your story will look like, who you’ll interview, etc. Email pitches or full pieces (no more than 2500 words) in the body of the email to email@example.com.
Between Coasts holds first publication rights for three months after publication. Authors agree not to publish, nor authorize or permit the publication of, any part of the material for three months following first publication. For reprints we ask for acknowledgement of first publication in Between Coasts.
- Jack Shuler (Editor, Writer)
- Lizz Stearns (Associate Editor)
- Kasey Grieco McNeally (Assistant Editor, Writer)
- Sarah Schaff (Assistant Editor)
- Aaron Fuleki (Technical Director, Assistant Editor)
- Trent Edmunds (Illustration)
- Fitale Wari (Social Media intern)